EControl Ltd. Forum Index EControl Ltd.
VCL libraries and software support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Highlight Line

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Syntax Editor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfcarbel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Highlight Line Reply with quote

Posted by: Guest (IP Logged)
Date: April 11, 2006 03:46AM

Could you show me how to highlight a specific line with a certain color? I tried the HighlightLine event but i still couldn't get one line to highlight correctly.
jfcarbel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: econtrol (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2006 01:31PM

Example:
Code:
procedure TForm3.SyntaxMemo1LineHighLight(Sender: TObject; Line: Integer;
  var Selected: Boolean; var bgColor, frColor: TColor);
begin
  if Line = 2 then
  begin
    bgColor := clBlue;
    frColor := clGray;
  end;
end;

Michael.
jfcarbel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit confused by the code example you have given.

the person asked how to highlight a specfic line, your example only shows highlighting if the line=2. Why are you hardcoding this as 2?

What I would have expected to see is some procedure that would accept a LineNumber and then highlight that LineNumber passed in.

Could you please explain this example or provide another, Thanks.
jfcarbel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: aarondc (IP Logged)
Date: May 19, 2006 02:36PM

Code:
LineHighLight(Sender: TObject; Line: Integer; var Selected: Boolean; var bgColor, frColor: TColor);

is an event of the TSyntaxMemo. Like Windows, Delphi and its components, is event-driven, not procedural. The example shows you how to highlight a line using the appropriate event.

Once you get your head around event-driven architecture, the example provided is more than adequate.

Instead of passing a Linenumber into a procedure, keep track of any line(s) you want highlighted, and process them as shown in the event.
jfcarbel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I think I understand. This gives one the flexibility to have more than one line highlighted at a time and each can be in whatever colors are set in the event.

So in my case I could just create an instance variable that is a collection of line numbers to highlight and then in the event, just iterate thru the collection setting the Selected, bgColor, frColor for each.

So I understand that.

But what I was really thinking of doing is being able to specify a line number and have the syntax memo scroll down to that line and highlight it. It seems like the above OnLineHighLight event is only part of the solution as I need to scroll to a specified line as well.

Maybe I can use the ExecCommand called smSelGotoXY, but not exactly sure how I would pass in the X,Y coordinates to ExecCommand.
jfcarbel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted by: econtrol (IP Logged)
Date: May 31, 2006 11:54AM

To scroll to the specified position (x, y) you should only change CaretPos property:
Code:
SyntaxMemo1.CaretPos := Point(x, y);

Changing caret position automatically scrolls editor to make caret visible.

Michael.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Syntax Editor All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: