EControl Ltd. Forum Index EControl Ltd.
VCL libraries and software support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drag and drop from TPaletteTab/In-place editing/Unicode parm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Form Designer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aecspades

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Drag and drop from TPaletteTab/In-place editing/Unicode parm Reply with quote

Is there some way to implement drag and drop functionality from TPaletteTab to the design surface? Right now users have to click on the TPaletteTab, and then click on the design surface to add a control. Most users try to drag the control from the palette – this kind of functionality is available in the BDS2006 IDE (maybe earlier versions as well) – “BDS style” functionality is mentioned in the 1.4 update.

I just downloaded and installed 1.5 – what do I need to do to get in-place editing to work. Do you have any code examples? Are there additional controls that are needed? I see the TInplaceEditor mentioned in the help, but it’s not in the EC Designer tab? I uninstalled and reinstalled all of the design-time packages, but maybe I did something wrong?

Finally, I thought that this version has support for Unicode parameters? For instance, the SQL property is implemented as a Widestring but the TInspectorList still can’t update/show the SQL value at run-time. Is there something that can be done to show those, or do you still have to handle those parameters manually?
econtrol
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. For drag&drop functionality you may use OnDragOver and OnDragDrop events of TzFormDesigner.

2. To enable in-place text editing set
Code:
TzFormDesigner.TextEditMode = True

3. Yes, currently property editor is Ansi control, so editing of Unicode is not possible. But it is possible to see property values and names as Unicode. This problem has to be done in nearest update.

Michael.
aecspades

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I knew about OnDragXXX, but I was hoping for a more automatic solution... I will try to manually implement this, but I only want to begin the drag when an icon is selected from the the TPaletteTab (i.e. I don't want to being the drag when the user selects the tab control itself), and I'd also want to change the cursor to be the same as the tab icon (i.e. when dragging a TButton control, I want to change the drag cursor to be a button, just like BDS does it.) I don't see any property or event in the TPaletteTab that would allow me to capture what control is about to be dragged -- is that information available somewhere? I would need the same kind of information to be able to add the control to the design surface as well.

2. That works great - very nice addition, thanks!

3. Are you saying that you will add that functionality in the next update, or is that something that we will still need to handle ourselves?

Thanks again,

Andrew
econtrol
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You may add this task to Mantis (to trace its implementation).

3. Currently TPropertyEdit is derived from TEdit which is ANSI control. The best solution is to have property editor which will be ANSI or Unicode window depending on property (i.e. not only Unicode).
I shall try to implement it in v2.0.

Michael.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Form Designer All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: