EControl Ltd. Forum Index EControl Ltd.
VCL libraries and software support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issues with the 2.27 update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Syntax Editor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeHart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Issues with the 2.27 update Reply with quote

Hi,

well, I have some issues with the 2.27 release. First and imho very bad the main demos are not working because the localizer component is none existant anymore. Second, bug fixes are not available to the ones, that rely on thsi component, as people can't upgrade to 2.27 then. So my question is, when will it be released seperate and will it be a free component, or will we have to pay extra now?

Instead of turning a lot upside down (again) I would like to have seen an updated help file. Or is it allready up to date with all the new stuff that got added since July 2005?

After updating to 227 I get a memory exception error in the module SyntEdit6.bpl when I load my project now and the mainform is not accessable anymore. I should have known better and made a backup with my last changes before doing this. Sad

Well Happy new Year Confused
Michael Hartlef
econtrol
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Quote:
well, I have some issues with the 2.27 release. First and imho very bad the main demos are not working because the localizer component is none existant anymore. Second, bug fixes are not available to the ones, that rely on thsi component, as people can't upgrade to 2.27 then. So my question is, when will it be released seperate and will it be a free component, or will we have to pay extra now?

Localizer will be independent library. Localizer from v2.26 maybe used with the Syntax Editor, in next release it will be included again in the library (from the v2.26). Updated localizer will be released after testing and documentating. It will be compatible on resource level with old localizer from the editor library.

Quote:
Instead of turning a lot upside down (again) I would like to have seen an updated help file. Or is it allready up to date with all the new stuff that got added since July 2005?

Sorry, updated documentation is not ready. Currently only documentation on common library is completed.

Quote:
After updating to 227 I get a memory exception error in the module SyntEdit6.bpl when I load my project now and the mainform is not accessable anymore. I should have known better and made a backup with my last changes before doing this.

Yes there was a bug in v2.27. It was fixed (do reload library).

Happy New Year!

Michael.
MikeHart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Michael,

Happy new year to you too.

Well, I redownloaded it and uninstall everything before installing this one again.

And again, the same error when I load a 2.26 or older project with it. Sad

I'm using Delphi 6 personal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Syntax Editor All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: