EControl Ltd. Forum Index EControl Ltd.
VCL libraries and software support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trapping Double Click event of embedded controls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Form Designer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aecspades

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:58 am    Post subject: Trapping Double Click event of embedded controls Reply with quote

This is similar to http://www.econtrol.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?t=164 , basically the DoubleClick event works fine for all controls except for a few "embedded" controls, for example the TcxGridColumn that is contained inside a DevExpress TcxGrid control if double-clickd, no event seems to be returned to the TzFormDesigner. This has always been an issue.

Now there is also a new DevExpress gauge control TdxGaugeControl which has embedded scales like a TdxGaugeDBCircularScale which also doesn't return an event. Inside of the Dephi IDE double-clicking on the control causes the 'Edit Scale' action to be invoked which causes the repository editor to be shown. I'd like to not only capture the double-click event on the scale (which doesn't seem to happen at all now) but also suppress the repository editor being shown and show my own dialog instead (I show the dialog now when the TdxGaugeControl is double-clicked, but the Repository dialog also appears) it's very confusing to the user that they can double-click the gauge itself (which is non-visual, i.e. just a box) vs the Scale (which is visual i.e. the "dial" itself).
aecspades

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another, bigger problem related to Gauges is that the Ranges collection (TdxGaugeRangeCollection) of the TdxGaugeDBCircularScale isn't handled correctly in the Object Inspector - where other collection properties show a '...' that brings up the collection editor, the Ranges property shows a '+' next to it like it has sub properties but clicking on the '+' does nothing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Form Designer All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: