EControl Ltd. Forum Index EControl Ltd.
VCL libraries and software support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Param completion window

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Syntax Editor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
octal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Param completion window Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried the param completion tooltip window and I have two remarks about it:

1- SUGGESTION : It would be nice if it acts like Visual Studio one (and the new BDS I think). That means, that the Param Completion window needs the params given without the parenthesis and the function name,
it means for a function

Code:

sub WritePixel(pX, pY as TPoint, pValue as byte)

the param completion window should show all the line with the concerned parameter bolded, instead of waiting for a just the string "pX, pY as TPoint, pValue as byte" as items and bolding the active param.

2- A LITTLE DISFUNCTION: I do not know if it's a problem in the components or it's me who do not make things the correct way, but :

I set up a lexer with a SynEdit memo with a Param completion hint. (see the previous declaration)

In the Param completion I set up the decl separator and param separators as ','
for the "TerminateChar" I did not understood really what it mean. I put it as blank '#0"
For tests purpose I did not implemented the onGetParams() ... I only put the string "pX, pY as TPoint, pValue as byte" in the items property. So all '(" press with Ctrl+Space triggers the same params.

The problem.
When I trigger the param completion window the params are shown with first param as bolded.
if I finish entering all params and close parenthesis or close the param window, if I go back for example to the second param ("pY" in this case) and press Ctrl+Spc the param window popup, but the first param is bolded instead of the second. I have to press at least one key (or modify the text) in order to have the param window to bold the correct param.

I hope you understood me. I can post more details if you need.

Regards

octal
econtrol
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

1. Thank you for suggestion.

2. This problem was resolved and it is absent in current version.

Michael.
octal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

econtrol wrote:

2. This problem was resolved and it is absent in current version.

Michael.

Thanks for your prompt answer.

For info, actually I'm using the last demo version donwloaded today, and I got the erratic behaviour with it Sad

What is the purpose of the "TerminateChar" I did not understood really what it mean ?

Regards
octal
econtrol
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When showing parameter hint, there is backward scanning to determine function and parameter number.
TerminateChar is used to break this search, i.e. when it was founded in text following scaning is breaked and parameter hint is not displayed.
Thus TerminateChar is used to increase performance.

To avoide finding characters in parameters values, it is recommended to use token scanning mode (UseParserResults = True). Using parser results is more safe, because it allows solving this problem.

Michael.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Syntax Editor All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: