EControl Ltd. Forum Index EControl Ltd.
VCL libraries and software support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update to the help file

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Syntax Editor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mstaszew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Update to the help file Reply with quote

I'd like to start some chatter here about an update to the help file. The component is advancing quickly and the help file seems to be left in wake. We have been able to get around fine by looking at the source for the demo and the components, but some things are not as intuitive. For example, the redesign of the TSyntKeyMapping has broken quite a bit of our code. This is fine in the interest of improving the component, but I see no documentation for upgrading user's that explains what we should do differently following the redesign. We don't surface any of the native options windows that EControl provides because we want total control of the GUI style and presentation of these options to our users. Component redesigns usually mean that we will need to re-architect our options windows, again not a problem since the component is getting better, but a little documentation would be handy! <wink, wink>
econtrol
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a big issue. It is very difficult to find time on updating documentation. This work in process, but it advances slowly.
Not long ago I had updated documentation on Form Designer was updated.

To compensate absence of up-to-date documentation I offer to answer any library related questions in Forum. I hope this will be helpful for most users.

Regarding key-mapping.
Yes, it was seriously upgraded, but this upgrade gives many advantages.
- using unlimited key sequencies
- using derived keystrokes for different commonds, for example, ESC; ESC+ESC; ESC+ESC+ESC
- ability to add new commands and to handle them in the same manner

If you have own UI, you may take princilple of operating with key mapping from related library dialog.

Michael.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Syntax Editor All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: