EControl Ltd. Forum Index EControl Ltd.
VCL libraries and software support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEWBIE ALERT -- Help needed with custom lexer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Syntax Editor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hlarledge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: NEWBIE ALERT -- Help needed with custom lexer Reply with quote

Hello

I hope someone can help a poor newbie in distress. I have just purchased the E-Control Syntax Editor. I wish to use it to format screenplays (see sample below). The sluglines (blue text) need to be parents of the action lines (red) and the Character (green) and dialog lines (purple). And the dialog lines must be children of the character lines.

The dialog lines have to be indented 10 spaces, and the Character lines have to be indented 25 spaces. Blank lines should separate these, except for Character and Dialog, which are always together.

I started with the text Lexer trying to create a custom Lexer to accomplish this format, but I have failed miserably. Is what I am attempting not possible, or do I just not comprehen very well?

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
HL

----------------------------------------------------------------------

INT. ADONIS ENTERPRISES - DAY

A man sits in his very luxurious office on the 70th floor of the Adonis Enterprises skyscraper. This man is Neil Adonis (50's). He sits listening to classical music, swaying and moving his arms to the beat, very slow.

The office is very modern, but there is an uneasy feel. After a moment, the secretary interrupts his relaxation with the intercom.

CAMILLA
Mr. Adonis.

MR. ADONIS
Yes...Mrs. Rose?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Syntax Editor All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: