EControl Ltd. Forum Index EControl Ltd.
VCL libraries and software support forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TCustomSyntaxMemo.Options help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Syntax Editor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mstaszew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: TCustomSyntaxMemo.Options help Reply with quote

Is there a demo or a detailed explanation of what each option is? I can't decipher from the help what some of the options do. I tried them in your demo app, but i observed no different behavior with some of the options on/off.

Here are the ones in particular that I am having trouble with.

soHideDynamic
soFloatMarkers
soGreedySelect
soSmartCaret
soFixedLineHeight

With soFixedLineHeight, would disabling it improve performance considerably?

Thanks.
econtrol
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

soHideDynamic - hides active highlighting (for example, current "begin ... end" in Pascal) when editor has not focus.

soFloatMarkers -
ON - markers are linked to position in text and are moved with the text (like bookmarks)
OFF - markers are fixed and are linked to caret position (X,Y). They will not be moved after text changing above marker.

soGreedySelect - add extra column to selection (in column selection mode), initially selects line (in line selection mode).

soSmartCaret - works in Word-Wrap mode
ON - caret may move within one line after UP/DOWN commands
OFF - caret moves jumps to Next/Prior line after UP/DOWN commands

soFixedLineHeight - obsolete option. Currently it is not used, but may be used in future. Fixed line height mode is automitic when Mono-Font mode ON.

Michael.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    EControl Ltd. Forum Index -> EControl Syntax Editor All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: